Five Players Likely to Leave Israel In The Summer
5. Taleb Tawatha(Maccabi Haifa)DF – The left sided defender has drawn interest from French teams after his 2nd full season as a starter with Maccabi Haifa. Tawatha is only 19 years old but has played well for the current Champions. Maccabi Haifa have been linked with another left-back in the summer, Omri Ben-Harush. It’s quite possible Tawatha could move abroad and Ben-Harush could replace him.
4. Gal Alberman(Maccabi Tel Aviv)MF – His contract ends in the summer with Maccabi Tel Aviv and foreign teams have shown interest in him this winter. He has experience playing abroad in Spain and Germany and could have been more successful in his previous terms abroad, but was hampered by injuries. Gal is an average defensive midfielder with good tackling ability, but isn’t as fast as he used to be.
3. Nir Biton(Ashdod)MF – Biton is considered one of the biggest talents in Israel right now, and had a trial at Manchester City earlier this year, where he impressed. He has also been linked with French giants Marseille. Biton is a rare talent, being 1.95 meters tall, but showing great ball control, passing, and shooting ability. It’s quite possible he will move in the summer to a big club abroad.
2. Haris Medunjanin(Maccabi Tel Aviv)MF – The Bosnian midfielder has been a regular for his National Team, and recently played against Brazil, but has been unable to find a place in Maccabi Tel Aviv’s starting 11. Medunjanin is a big talent, and teams like Lazio and Stuttgart have been linked with him recently. However he was just fined 15,000 Euros by Maccabi for an outburst at the coach. It’s likely Maccabi will offload him in the summer and cash in on him.
1. Toto Tamuz(Hapoel Tel Aviv)FW – After his transfer to Monaco fell through during the winter break, Tamuz was furious at the managment of Hapoel Tel Aviv for apparently sabotaging it. Tamuz has now said he will leave in the summer, and a number of foreign clubs are reportedly interested in the player.