Home > Foreign News, Foreign Players, Israel National Team, Israeli Football Teams, Israeli Soccer, Israelis Abroad, News, Opinion, Review of Individual Players, Transfer News > News and Rumors
News and Rumors
Well It’s been a big day in Israeli Football news
- Gai Assulin was released by Manchester City after being there for one and a half seasons, Assulin never played for the first team, and was injured during much of his stay. Assulin was once and still possibly is the golden boy of his generation, but his clock is slowly ticking. I hope he doesn’t stay in England and sets his sights lower for the Netherlands, where I think he could do well.
- The much rumored move of Barcelona youth coach, Oscar Garcia, has finally materialized as he was officially announced as the new Manager of Maccabi Tel Aviv. I think Garcia has the potential to be a huge success or bust, it depends on how he handles the language gap, as well as the mentality of the average Israeli player. Garcia has signed a two year contract with the club.
- Israeli police have arrested a player of Ahi Nazareth after the team lost to Bnei Lod 6-0 in a game that determined if Bnei Lod would be eligible to fight for promotion to Ligat Ha’al. Both teams represent the Arab sector in Israel, and both the owner and manager of Lod in the past have made anti-Jewish statements.
- Maccabi Netanya is currently asking one and a half million Euros for the rights to sign Chen Ezra. Maccabi Haifa have been the primary suitors for the player, however the price is likely to deter them from buying the player and look elsewhere for reinforcements.
- Maccabi Haifa defender Sari Falah, according to the Belgian media, has taken medical tests with AA Gent. Falah is an Under-21 National Team starter, and has been in a dispute with Maccabi Haifa over his lack of playing time. Falah’s father has denied that his son is in Belgium or that he has taken medical tests.
- Bulgarian striker Kostadin Hazurov has signed with Belgian club Lierse after having a successful season with Bnei Sakhnin and scoring 14 goals in Ligat Ha’al. The striker was only there for one season, but left due to unpaid wages.
- Belgian media is speculating that English clubs are interested in Club Brugge attacking midfielder Lior Rafaelov.
Categories: Foreign News, Foreign Players, Israel National Team, Israeli Football Teams, Israeli Soccer, Israelis Abroad, News, Opinion, Review of Individual Players, Transfer News AEK Larnaca, AEL Larissa, Ali Khatib, Alon Turgeman, Ariel Harush, Barak Abramov, Beitar Jerusalem, Belgium Jupiler League, Bristol City, Bundesliga, Cardiff City, Columbus Crew, Concordia, Cristiano Ronaldo, Croatia, Dan Roman, Dani Amos, Dekel Keinan, Elad Gabai, English Premier League, Eredivisie, eyal golasa, FC Barcelona, FIFA, Fulham, gai assulin, Hapoel Haifa, Israeli Soccer, Israelis Abroad, Jordi Cruyff, Kiryat Shmona, KRC Genk, Ligue 1, Lionel Messi, MLS, Moshe Biton, Mounes Dabbour, Nir Biton, Omri Altman, Omri Ben-Harush, Orr Barouch, Palermo, Portsmouth FC, Primera Division, Primera Liga, Racing Genk, RCD Mallorca, Shir Tzedek, soccer, Sports, Standard Liege, Tal Ben-Haim, Taleb Tawatha, UEFA Champions League, Veendam