Israel U-18 team lost its first game in the Milk Cup to the USA by the score of 2-0. The team will play its next game against Denmark on Wednesday and will hopefully get a better result.
Israel is sending its U-18 national team to participate in the internationally known Milk Cup. Israel has already won the competition once before and will be looking to do so again. Israel will face the USA in its first game on Monday July 25th, and Denmark on Wednesday the 27th. The results of these games will determine if Israel will advance further on in the tournament. Both teams should provide a stern test for Israel, and will give the team an opportunity to measure its progress. Here is the squad below.
Keepers: (Yoav Grafi, Hapoel Kfar Saba) (Ron Shushan, Maccabi Haifa)
Defenders: (Shmulik Malul, Beitar Nes Tubruk) (Omer Zalisher, Beitar Nes Tubruk) (Amri Zyed, Maccabi Haifa) (Tomer Yeruham, Beitar Jerusalem) (Shaked Goldshtein, Beitar Jerusalem) (Din Afki, Maccabi Tel-Aviv)
Midfielders: (Tzach Barbi, Hapoel Be’ersheva) (Gidi Kaniuk, Maccabi Petah Tikva) (Haitham Halabi, Maccabi Haifa) (Bar Avitan, Maccabi Haifa) (Ido Achiel, Maccabi Tel-Aviv) (Osher Abo, Maccabi Tel-Aviv)
Forwards: (Omer Nachmani, Beitar Jerusalem) (Michael Veksler, Maccabi Petah Tikva) (Kenny Saif, 1860 Munich) (Omri Altman, Fulham)
- Ahmed Barusso of Roma is being linked with a move to Maccabi Haifa
- Moshe Ohayon has been invited to trials at Ukrainian giants Dynamo Kiev
Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Bnei Yehuda both advanced into the third round of UEFA Europa League Qualifying with a tie and a win respectively. Maccabi Tel-Aviv visited Azeri side Khazar Lankaran after beating them in their first encounter in Tel-Aviv hoping to make it two wins in a row. However it wasn’t to be as Maccabi looked anemic playing against their hosts and were content to grind out a sloppy game in the midfield. Neither team had many chances, but the best of them went to the Azeris. The game ended 0-0, but not without some loss for Maccabi after Mounes Dabour twisted his leg and possibly injuring himself for an extended period of time. Maccabi will begin preparing for their opponents Zeljeznicar of Bosnia for next week. Meanwhile Bnei Yehuda put in workman-like effort against Andorran side with goals from Nenad Marinkovic and Pedro Galvan. Bnei Yehuda will face Swedish side Helsingborg in the next round, which will be a very tough task, considering the Swedes are in league play right now. So far Israel has 4 teams left for qualifying in European competitions but the task will only get tougher as they advance. Highlights of Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Khazar Lankaran are below.
Maccabi Haifa advanced into the third round of UEFA Champions League qualifying with a loss to Bosnian side Borac Banja Luka away after winning convincingly at home. Haifa looked like they were already looking ahead to the next fixture with Slovenian side Maribor, and it showed after they gave up a goal in the 9th minute. Nir Davidovic flopped at the in-swinging corner and Branislav Krunic headed in from close range giving the Bosnian’s a 1-0 lead. However the lead didn’t last very long when Haifa capitalized on an error from their hosts, Idan Vered squared the ball across the box allowing Vladimir Dvalishvili to tap the ball in at the far post and equalize for the visistors to 1-1. The Bosnians still didn’t give up and the 34th minute goalkeeper Nir Davidovic made an error after a scrum in the 18 yard box resulted in a shot from Branislav Krunic, but Davidovic couldn’t handle the shot and the ball went through his legs and into the goal. 2-1 to Banja Luka. Haifa appeared to settle down after half-time and in the 55th minute Haifa tied the game again, this time with Wiam Amasha squaring the ball for Vladimir Dvalishvili who coolly finished into an empty net to make it 2-2. Haifa sat back for the rest of the game, apparently settling for a draw, but the Bosnian’s were not to be deterred and they had their third goal after Haifa Defender Andriy Pylavskiy didn’t mark his man, allowing the Bosnian’s to have any easy goal. The game finished 3-2 to the hosts and Haifa will have many questions going into their next fixture especially their goal-keeping and the ability of the back four to effectively communicate.
- Belgian fullback Landry Mulemo is reportedly going to sign with Maccabi Tel-Aviv per the Belgian publication Footnet
- Maor Buzaglo is still in negotiations with Standard Liege over his transfer
- Eliran Atar is closed to signing with FC Porto for a fee of 4 million Euros from Maccabi Tel-Aviv. The Portuguese are anxious to close the deal after Spanish club Valencia showed some interest in the player
- MLS club Toronto FC have offered to swap midfielder Julian de Guzman to Maccabi Tel-Aviv for striker Roberto Colautti. However the move seems unlikely at this point
- Villarreal want goal keeper Dudu Aouate from RCD Mallorca to replace the outgoing Diego Lopez.
- Maor Buzaglo is wanting to sue Maccabi Tel-Aviv for refusing to release him from his contract after they told him he would not be in their plans for this upcoming season
- Eli Tabib has been declared the sole owner of Hapoel Tel-Aviv by a district court in Israel